Friday, June 12, 2015

Jab Ramzan Ayega Humko Chu Ke Jayega




The beggars are arriving , they have left their hovels in Malda Murshidabad W Bengal , beggars from Uttar Pradesh,, fraud Muslims with huge receipt books asking for Chanda to build the Madrsa and Mosque in Deoband or some far distant place .. guys who hire trucks blaring away on loudspeakers asking for charity in the name of Allah.

Kashmiri migrants with their wives faces sad and gloomy , and their chubby brood their daughters in tow , visiting houses asking for food clothes , ration alms ,,

This is Ramzan the Holiest of Holy Month for charity , piety ..
but than it is also during Ramzan you have wayward Miyas with short pajamas long kurtas protesting at Azad Maidan , molesting lady cops smashing public property and showing the personal ugliness that is not part of peaceful Islam..

During Ramzan you have a Maulana leading a protest pehaps his personal agenda and another Maulana bites the bullet ,,

Ramzan means abstinence for some , they will give up booze , but on the day of Eid after the namaz you will find them sozzled at bars or lying on the streets ,, I have shot pictures ..so I am not talking out of my hat , Muslims who fasted now on Eid Day rushing for Mujra ,, and bars that have clandestine bar dancing .

I shoot the bounty of Ramzan.. the Sairi mornings the Awakeners .. later in the evenings food lanes of Bandra Iftar time ,, I hardly go to Minara Masjid or Bohri Mohalla ,,, shot far too much and I am not a foodie ,, but I visit the street beggars at Bhendi Bazar breaking their fast.. and thanking God for his Mercy and benevolence ,

My serious health problem and my gall bladder stones made me stop fasting last two years or I fasted all 30 days for many years ,, and I am waiting for my blood sugar to come under control and  than get it surgically removed ,, I am waiting for my good days too.

My wife , my daughter in laws my sons all fast during Ramzan..Marziya will fast too I think,

The cripple beggar at Boran road much before Ramzan begins sends me his request a lungi a shirt and a skull cap that I give him very year....I was planning to go to Chor Bazar today to get a few umbrellas for the beggars but my health did not permit me ,, Might go in the evening hopefully ,

There is another thing about Ramzan I must add here , there are those Muslims who get their new clothes done for Eid as soon as Ramzan starts who know that the tailoring shops will be packed  and there are those very rich presumptuous who wait till two or three day before Eid to get their new clothes ,, and hassle the tailors designers etc etc

I dont make new clothes for Eid ,, and as my dress code is black all round the year I have bought a white Tshirt to wear with my tiger stripe pajamas .

I will shoot the Eid Namaz barefeet at Bandra Station near the Station Road Sunni Mosque ,


And once I shot 21 Ramzan the saddest day for the Shias,  in Mumbai  .. now I stay at home ,, I dont shoot Shiasm in Mumbai anymore ,,, for personal reasons ,, and if Hyderabad was close by I would have gone to shoot 21 Ramzan  there ,, this day is important as the Martyrdom of Imam Ali ,, from 19 Ramzan,,,


So sometimes a story of a Muslim beggar can take  you through the winding lanes of the dark stretches of my Cosmic Mind ,,

I shot the Bandra Talao and a video of my favorite Ear Cleaner this morning ,, I shot a lot of street pictures too on my Canon 60 D.

This morning because of heavy rains that started later I walked 3 Km totally drenched to the bone ,,,


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube