Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Camera Was The Greatest Text Book Of My Life



I hardly use my camera not as passionately as I did once upon a time ,,and I was dead against using my phone as a camera ..but after I gave up the Blackberry and took the Mortorola G ,, I gradually began shooting pictures , I shot over 4500 images on this one phone .

I found carrying my DSLR a pain in the butt , unless I was to shoot a religious feast or some street event ..

I dont see movies at all , not even those that have my sartorial stamp.. I find the film world of cinema make believe and false ,, and despite being connected to Bollywood .

I did not even see the movie I acted in ..I am not a good actor ,,I dont watch TV or news though I did watch a few World cup cricket matches .

I dont read books I cant due to my diabetic condition and diminishing eyesight ,, the only news  I read is from Hindustan Times and once a week Sunday Midday.

I dont mix around I dont socialize party , I keep to myself occupied with my flowerhorns and the java sparrows , the birds will chirp deafeningly to wake me up to feed and water them.

The flowerhorns see my shadow and begin jumping like crazy folks ,, once they are fed they move away.

And what really made life blissful was taking my granddaughter Nerjis to the Bandra Talao letting her feed the pigeons and shoot the ear cleaners ,,and she loves the Bandra skywalk but carrying her up the steep horrid steps was hard .. and the guys who designed the Bandra Skywalk stairway really took the public specially old folks for a ride including the politicians who passed the plan..  so the Bandra Skywalk is nothing but a wasted effort a white elephant ,,and forgive me but the Mumbai Manoos keeps quiet and loves getting fucked for the wrong reason they want others to fight their battle ,,and as the politicians know this they love kicking the public ass .. for the rich the Bandra Skywalk is nothing but a mode that they will never use ,, Rich people lead rich life ,, and who ever comes to power needs them so they are always well taken care of..
The poor and the poorest are doomed .. go to a kerosene shop see the long line of Muslim women Marathi Manoos waiting in the hot-sun for their kerosene quota ,,

Mumbai cops who think they are Gods gift to Mumbai , some of them using filthy language abusing and bullying the poor on the roads , imagine the treatment in the cop station..
Most of the Mumbai cops have no compassion or humanity , you have to prove your innocence even when you are not guilty , I know of many incidents ,,hope all this changes one-day.

So now I shoot fewer pictures I shoot videos ,,and most of the people street folks I shoot dont speak Hindi,, I have not yet mastered the art technique of shooting videos ,, but I shoot as is where is..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube