Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Muslim Man In The Slums





I shoot him whenever I come to the slums for work and he gets confused seeing me shoot with my mobile phone instead of my DSLR camera , not that he knows what a DSLR is but he thinks I am not serious when I shoot him on mobile ..and I like his face , his demeanor and I had not seen him on my few visits , maybe because I come in the evenings  normally ,, this was in the daytime ..at the Bandra Slaughter slums they know me because of my cameo role in a film Phata Poster Nikla Hero as a photographer but here in the slums they like the Hero of the film Shahid Kapoor and that I was in a few frames is a big thing for them  , but they wonder why I walk into the slums I mean I dont have a car or bike , they know why I come here ,,

Than little kids stand and pose they want to be shot and this a bustling slums with a lot of workshops manufacturing units ,,and I have bought most of my Flickr photographer friends here like Boaz ..and they like foreigners shooting them ,,

One of the exits of this slum leads to the Shastri Nagar Slums of Bandra on the tracks and to the Bandra Station.. This Slaughter House slums was once where the butchers stayed and the abattoir was situated here till it was moved to Deonar

Most of the beef stalls have been taken over by the Mutton butchers ..I used to once before the Ban buy Beef Heart for my Flowerhorns ,, now it is Bloodworms and pellets .

.https://www.flickr.com/photos/firozeshakir/16968365948

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube