Monday, April 6, 2015

The Muslim Beggar ..Physically Challenged But Hopeful





He was shot by my granddaughter Nerjis Asif Shakir so he does not forget me at all.. I was coming back from St Peter Church and he was seeking alms from the Christians on Easter Sunday ,, and he was standing strategically on the path that leads to the fish market , chicken beef and mutton markets .They have to pass him and he is neat clean beggar , unlike those who are disheveled and bedraggled , he cannot be dirty or unclean as he performs the Namaz and he is a devout Muslim .

He is a migrant from Uttar Pradesh and if he is not begging here than he begs at JJ Colony another market area where the crowds are predominantly Muslims , and mind you even those Muslims living in the slums poor folks are generous too.. and it seems to people that begging is an easy task mind you it is tough and demeaning ,, charity comes with a price ,, and this beggar hardly opens his mouth , he does not plead shout yell out like other rowdy beggars who cinematic-ally dramatize their impoverished existence ,,

I met Khwajah Bhai too but I  was not carrying my wallet I had some money that I gave to this guy and I felt bad , I hate carrying my wallet I just carry some money and I was going to visit Fr Jaun I shot the Latin Mass video accidentally ,, and I dont know the technique nor the knowledge to edit videos I simply shoot the videos for you to get the feel and become part of the world I shoot ,,

My leg is slightly better and I dont think I will continue the massage at the Bonesetter it took me three sessions only ..the first time I paid Rs 120 and the next two visits Rs 100 per session and I shot two videos .

The Xiaomi Redmi note gifted to me by my son , troubles me a lot while shooting videos or taking pictures it hangs but it is  quite an interesting Android phone ,,I have Aviary , Flickr Twitter Ello my mail on my phone ,, it is bulky too but I like it ,,
I used the Moto G for a few months ,, and shot most of my pictures on it ,, carrying the DSLR is a real pain if I had money I would buy the Leica digital.. but I will have to wait for the sunshine  after the eclipse .

And so beggars make me voluble .. give me a reason to write .. and I like Ello ,, I am waiting for the V2 version..

I have not gone to the Bandra Talao.. I gave it a skip.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube