Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Bandra Talao And The Slow Pace Of Renovation





When the Municipality takes up a job you can be sure it will be done at snails pace as any assignment for Clean Green Mumbai  has bureaucratic hurdles loopholes , on this side of the Bandra Talao the Station Road end are encroachers a family of ragpickers this is their home .. first they lived on a pavement now it has been encircled by the Bandra Talao.

And this was my second trip here since morning this time I completed some work at Ambedkar Road and came here , I cut through the  Bandra Talao lane that connects this road to Bandra SV Road .. I feel relaxed watching the pigeons and today Nabi Ear Cleaner was grumbling there was no business so I sat down paying him Rs 20 the moment people see me  getting my ears cleaned and taking the video myself others line up so I can shoot them two.. I shot 3 videos of Nabi.. he is alone as both his co workers have gone to the hometown.. he will be going in a few days too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube