Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Street Barbers Of Bandra Reclamation




These guys sit on the main Bandra Reclamation junction , and surely they pay hafta to the cops and the municipality , hafta is protection money for plying their trade and they will pay money for doing business here to the local don.  so you to pay a price to survive in Mumbai even as a street barber .

And the workers slum dwellers , taxidriver , rickshadrivers mostly sit here for a shave or haircut ,,and this is the biggest hub of ricksha driver s ,, so the barbers are mostly busy ,, than there is mundan or religious tonsure or even the Muslim male childs circumcision,,which gets them extra money.

And if I pass this way to take a bus I shoot their pictures and I would rather shoot these common folks than run after celebrities ,,my granddaughter Nerjis has shot them too and as a 3 year old she is never intimidated by adults ,, and one day when I am gone  she will remember these street moments nostalgically ,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube