Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Ear Cleaners Of Bandra Talao Face Eviction





They are the humble face of Bandra Talao they sat on the pavement and cleaned ears , removing the wax  for Rs 20 .

Three of them two Muslims Kassim Bhai and Nabi Bhai and a sole Hindu cleaner Raju all three are like brothers .

Their work is precise they clean ears and the waste cotton they keep in a bag that is disposed of in the garbage bin,.

They have been here for 40 long years and are migrants from Gulbarga Karnataka.

They dont know any other profession , only cleaning ears and it is a tough job sitting in the hot sun waiting for clients ,,when they find it tough to get customers than they take rounds of JJ Colony Bandra Bazar Road or Bandra Slaughter House slums ,,

I have been documenting their art for a very long time now , and I am learning to shoot videos using them as my video storyboard.

They are extremely polite , and very low profile they work silently on your ears like musicians , , the right note at the right time.

And they see their pointed instruments covered in cotton bud dont hurt you , they clean your ears too ..with antiseptic.

And I shot a 8 minute video today... I mostly shoot the pictures and video on my mobile Motorola G..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube