Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Tryst With Fate On Flickr My Flickr Story






[Official Thread] Call for stories about Flickr's history

ericsoco says:

Hi all. I'm giving a talk in the spring about the processes around the innovations that have come to define Flickr, to try to better understand how Flickr has become what it is (and has been).

While talking with people about this, I've come to realize/remember that a lot of the core features of Flickr were actually developed or fleshed out by the community, by all of you! For example: geotags and machine tags came from community use of the basic tags feature; Groups have evolved in many ways through the use of the initial, simple Groups feature.

Do you have any memories of how these things came to pass? I'm not looking for bragging or claims on invention, rather just for stories about the early days of any feature that's become a core part of how you use Flickr.

Thanks!
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157650007173237/page2/#...

I added my story ,,


firoze shakir photographerno1 says:

I came to Flickr June 2007 from Buzznet and I have been here ever since .Flickr is a great community , interconnected as many Flickr photographers who wanted to shoot Mumbai , or Moharam would get in touch with me and I went out to help them without any profit or gain , thereby making friends for life ..Flickr is home within my home ..I have been part of Flickr change Think Flickr Think , Black Flickr and than I accepted change ..

Without bragging or blowing my trumpet I have uploaded 326,147 photos .

My genre is street photography , culture rituals occult , the only grouse I have with Flickr is they have yet not come out with a tool where are pictures can actually be protected from hackers and others ..because of this flaw I removed my Hijra Transgender Cross dresser sets from Public View Completely.

And I miss Flickr Gift Of Pro where friends would extend my shelf life on Flickr I needed the Pro only for the unlimited uploading option.

I promote Flickr via Twitter Tumblr Blogspot Google+ Ello a vibrant creative community , and Indiblogger .

I think Flickr has changed me I have a lot of friends followers and fans I also apologize to those I have blocked , I did not want their genre to be thrust on my timeline ..

I hope that Flickr work towards getting quality members , those with bogus IDS bogus fake profile should be eased out ,, as a few nameless profile less members spoil the vision of Flickr as a global village..

And I am a hardcore fan of Ms Marissa Mayer ,, unabashedly ,,
Thanks .
I type with one finger ,, and I owe a lot to Aviary editing tool I am a poet actor mystic and a humanbeing..

Posted 6 minutes ago. ( permalink | reply | edit )
firoze shakir photographerno1 e.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube