Monday, February 2, 2015

I Was Crying As I Shot The 11/7 Train Serial Bomb Blasts




I was astounded on that night when I heard about the blasts and dressed in simple attire , so as not be caught by dumb cops as a suspect I rushed to shoot the blasts first at Bandra , from Bandra to Mahim at Mahim the road from St Michaels Church was closed I walked till Mahim Station west side and from Mahim I went and finally shot Matunga train lasts..so I could share the pictures the same night ,,  those who were waiting for their loved ones ,,I rushed to Bhabha Hospital and here I was not allowed to shoot the victims , but I heard from others who had volunteered to help it was chaos , body parts , people rushing to donate blood , people offering water milk tea snacks free to the crowds on the roads ..the Sikhs leading from the front , the Muslims the Shiv Sainiiks everyone had finally become united as Indians .. after a long time a very long time after the 93 riots.

After shooting all this I rushed to my old workplace on 29 Road Bandra I uploaded the pictures ,, and I am now revisiting an old memory ,,, simply to reiterate we have to be one as Indians the more we divide ourselves we become vulnerable to attacks of all nature we give the terrorists a chance to hit us below the belt ,, simply because we dont cease fighting among ourselves because of our beliefs our religion our ideology our bigotry too gets the better of us ,,

These are a frames of that ill fated night was it a dream a nightmare .. of those that lost their loved ones when we were asleep and terror struck.. our Intelligence was asleep but not as asleep as the high mighty French Intelligence  that were totally asleep in deep slumber  when the Charlie Hebdoe attack took place ,, Cest Dommage ,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube