Sunday, January 11, 2015

They Did Not Trust Me As Much As They Trusted My Camera




The funny thing is they lived on a mound at Bandra Reclamation , they peeked into peoples house to watch TV serials and their favorite was Shaktiman..

They thought I was acting in some serial so because of my attire and because I walked barefeet they would run after me , calling me Shaktiman , but there idea was that I shoot them.. they new the camera shot pictures .

And those days my workspace was near Waterfield road and these kids manned the Globus signal from where I started for work and I passed the next lot of beggar kids from their tribe community at Turner Traffic Signal near Moti Mahal.. and after shooting the others I turned left in the second lane to work..

I would pass them again when I took a lunch break and on my return after a nap at 4 pm..
In the night after shutting shop at  pm I would catch a few of them waiting for me ..and all these pictures are my tribute to them their fight against the system , these kids were forced into begging by their parents elders and the head of their group , all gamblers louts drunks and so they hated me taking the picture of the kids ...

And I will never forget them I derived my knowledge of street photography shooting them and  these faces gave birth to my feelings of pain and compassion.. yes I became human shooting beggar kids their fruitless dreams  little paper boats wrecked on the shores of Lifes Gutters .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube