Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mother And Daughter Begging On The Street






searching for food
something to eat
cosmic failure in
 dreamless defeat
dying hopes bitter
n sweet chaotic
compulsions cycle
of misery despair
incomplete the mother
minus the child after 9
years at linking road
posing as a hijra i did
meet i reminded her
i had shot her picture
with her child 9 years
back..both barefeet
at bandra bazar road
a picture that hit me
in the guts but i did
not delete now back
as a memory of a
life of a mother on
the street ..her fate
as a beggar she could
not cheat ..flesh covering
her battered soul as
winding sheet ..


I met the mother recently all heavily made up posing as a hijra begging at the Khar traffic signal, I wanted to ask her what happened to her child .. but there was hardly time for such discourse as I was in the rickshah and the beggar girls surrounding me , they were shocked to see me in tshirt shorts and kept asking me why I had changed my mystics attire ,, and I asking them why they were impersonating hijras .. they sad it was their bad luck but it bought them more than begging as women or girls .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube