Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kishan Khadgar Diamond Jubilee Bandraite Born 1939






  I was returning home from Bandra east , I had walked a lot , and he was sitting at the grocery shop where i stopped to buy salt for my flower horns I use salt after siphoning ,, and the light shone nicely on his face I took this shot , he has a small tailor shop and has traveled India extensively ..his family has stayed in Bandra for 86 years ,, Bandra bazar road , and pictures are stories ..depends whether you want to picturize a story ..or simply take a snapshot for kicks.

The camera is an intriguing device  and here I must let you into a story within a story..

In 2006 I was invited to a wedding in the suburbs I was dressed the way I am always dressed barefeet I was leashed like a dog to my wifes shadow we reached the venue , the father of the groom was an old time character actor , and he knew me as  a child when we stayed at Wodehouse Road.

The groom was very simply dressed, his wife was in sparkling red , he is a nice kid , I had my Sufii cap , I just asked him would he like to try my stuff and he liked the idea I took pictures with his charming wife , his sister saw this was very upset she removed my shawl my jacket threw it on the ground..
I felt hurt I told my wife lets get the Fuck off from this fucked wedding ... and I told his father about his insulting daughter and we came home.

I had shot several frames of a small Shia girl with blonde hair , and very pretty she was about 3 year old relative from my wifes side ..I downloaded the pictures and put them on a CD thinking I would upload them privately at Flickr .. but somehow I had lot of work  and I misplaced the CD..I felt sad because I wanted to give the little girls pictures to her father .

Now as I am going through my old lot re blogging some pictures with new thoughts poems I came across this CD.. The groom in my jewelry shawl silver stick with his wife looks glamorous ... and  9 years have passed since this episode ..

So the camera is a mystical tool..and there are times I wish I had kept my first Nikon EM bought in Muscat in 1980 but I sold it in the gray market those days with lenses flash etc ..I was broke times were bad ..

And finally bought a Nikon F 50 Camera from Jaikishen Bros and thus began my tryst with other peoples destiny in the early 90s .. I bought the F100 F90 X second hand and finally my first Nikon digital D 70 that I used for many years .

Since 2011 I began shooting with the Canon 60 D and Canon D ..

And now I dont carry my DSLRS  anymore when I go out on work and so shoot with the Motrola G,..

This was a blank post my dear friend Alex W triggered this outburst of old thoughts memories ..yes I believe the camera is a mystical tool but hey , listen you can only shoot what you were destined to shoot nothing more nothing less

Photography is like writing a poem .. you should know when to begin when to stop..

This is in response to Alex

Alex Wasserman 2h
You don't need a fancy camera to make outstanding picture.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube