Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wassim Qazilbash Bravest Shia Lady In Lucknow ,, My Mother In Law






She is the most sprightly lady , does all the domestic chores , loves her husband dearly , she has a son three daughters , she has seen a lot of pain lived all her life in a tenanted house , sharing a common toilet ,,but she had faith and after almost 37 years she got her own place close to the place she stayed .and in the area she loves defends Nakhas Bajaza.

She came to fetch me at CharBagh station ,made great dishes for me , and I bought her oil for her bad legs ,,

She is a Tabaraie ,, defender of the Shia faith to the core , if you dare say something bad about Imam Hussain or The Ahle Bayt she will simply give you a tight slap..you dont mess with this diminutive lady ,
Once during the unfortunate Shia Sunni riots she stood out on the streets with a rolling pin.. she is a pucca Maulaiee ,, this lady s father was the most respected revered Shia from Kashmiri Mohalla Zakir Hussain BUL BUL SALWATI .

Her father in law Dr Matin Qazilbash married second time and her husband gave a way all his property to his step siblings and lived as a tenant at Hashim Building .

Earning from Diamond Cassettes promoting the Majlis of Maulanas big and small but than when bad times came no Maulana was there to help them out , my father in law Abbas Qasim being proud never licked their spiritual ass ..

And here I must reiterate Maulanas mostly help those who bow to them kowtow to them this is sheer hypocrisy among Shias too , the rich wont ever help  the poor ..and it is tragic to say the least I am a Lucknow born but Mumbai gave me love shelter and this well being in return I buried both my mom dad in Marathi soil ,,,Yes Mumbai is my Dharam bhumi not just my karambhumi .

My wife has lived in Mumbai for 38 years but loves Lucknow , and comes here by train to attend her mothers majlis and leaves back the following day ,, so this time I followed her to shoot Chehlum second time in the city of my birth.

Perhaps it is the blessings Janab Kalbe Abid Sab gave us in 1977  26 November when he solemnized my marriage that though there were bad thunderous marital clouds of discord our marriage has survived the test of time.

And when we were leaving for the station to return to Mumbai Wassim Baji as I call my mother in law began to cry like a little child she insisted on dropping us  at the station.9 pm in the night our train the Lokmanya Tilak was to leave at 10.45 pm

This is love you seldom see sadly I have no parents so she touches me at the very soft spot of my scarred soul.
I wanted to leave this space blank but I finally spilled the beans .. trying to give you a character sketch of the bravest lady in Lucknow hardcore Modiji fan..yes she says very proudly Ab Ki Bar Modi Sarkar ,,

Most of the Shias are Modiji supporters .,,,the poor and the poorest of the poor I mean.

And this is my humble tribute to my Mother In law I deliberately shot her blurry but she is a very beautiful lady in her heydays she was called the Saira Bano of Lucknow .

Her family hails from Siwan Bihar .


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube