Monday, December 8, 2014

They Call Me Camerewale Bawa In Ajmer .. They Think I Heal People With My Camera




wide eyed
they stare
at my attire
my chunky
rings my hair
both zanjirwale bawa
me an unusual pair
he with his chains
me with my camera
held captive in a cosmic
lair at ajmer sharif universal
spiritually mystic fair .. people
seeker lost souls come here
from everywhere ..the timid
the soft spoken the possessed
those who dare to exorcise
the demons their nightmare
the hijra the shamans the mystics
the gora photographers blonde fair
the dam madar malangs with black
turbans dread head long lengthy hair
everyone here has some sorrow to share
the camera does heal i solemnly swear
ajmer the city of peace hindus muslims
on par breathing the same godly air

beggars crippled limbless lepers blind
ones little urchins scared the lady with
 two faces all caught in a snare .. i touch
them through the circle of confusion my
humility my piety devoid of any conceit
my love my flair ..the great humble saint
garib nawaz lord of the poor who cares

next year lets meet with the malangs at ajmer

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube