Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I Was Happy Shooting Lalbagh Chya Raja At His Pandal On Visarjan Day



I too wanted to follow him like old times running after him on barefeet , being pushed trampled by the crowds , but it was not to be a glass piece had entered my barefeet , and it was hurting me bad ..so I decided once the Raja left the Pandal I would move out too but I used my head instead of following Raja out of the Pandal till the front gate I pushed my way through the private  security bouncers and took a detour from the Lalbagh fish market .and was right outside the front gate .

Here it was the most crowded situation , and it was the fenzy for the people to see the Raja come out of the gate and their First Darshan.. I wanted this shot , luckily the volunteers knew me so pulled me in their inner circle yet I was pushed to one end of the gate and shor Lalbagh Chya Raja here .

After that I moved out I decided to abort my documentary and return home ,,with the glass piece in my feet .

I shot the crowds , the Mumbai Ka Raja as it was moving out , and thus I walked from Lalbagh to Lower Parel via the Curry Road bridge ..I took a train covered in gulal .
In the train I met a decently dressed Hijra , she was upright not begging I saluted her , she came touched my feet , she had seen me at Haji Malang she told than asked me to take her pictures in the train I did..

And thus I got off at Bandra station walked to SV Road picked up bloodworm for Marziyas Flowerhorns from Sweet Home aquarium I could not get a rick so I limped my way home showered removed the glass piece with a safety pin.. began uploading these pictures ,,, today is the third day I have one more memory card to upload .

I felt sad my friend Sagar Bekal who had accompanied me to shoot Lalbagh Chya Raja was thrown out of the Pandal by the private guards , he had made the mistake of walking out of the Pandal to shoot the Rangoli in the lane outside they would not let him in again.. so he went back home disappointed ,

I came to shoot the Raja and only the Raja and I shot him with a divine photographic passion over 400 images till now.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube