Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moharam In Hyderabad



I do not have a Hyderabadi bloodline connection and my ancestors were from Lucknow , my dear departed father called himself Moghal Pathan.

My mother was a Syed from Lucknow Pata Nala  her father Daroga Nabban Sab was a descendant of poet Mir Anis..My fathers father had accepted Shiasm by marrying a Shia lady my grandmother Khurshed Begum,of Vazir Ganj near Khakhan Manzil.
My maternal grandmother Nazmi Begum a Syed too  was my matenal grand father Daroga Nabban Sabs second wife..

I discovered Hyderabad very late in life I came to Hyderabad first time to attend a shoot of Govindas David Dhawan film with Karishma Kapoor , I was called there by Mr Chinni Prakash for Govindas look..for a dance sequence .

After that destiny or my cosmic fate pulled me to Hyderabad in 2003 with help from Halu Bhai of Bandra I visited his relatives Sajjad Bhai and Kazim to participate and shoot Moharam i Hyderabad , I was hooked to Hyderabad ,, I liked the city the people the Shia ethos I came back to shoot Chehlum but I was faced with the ire of some Hyderabadi spiritually arrogant Nawab who had more hate for Shia photographers than even stray dogs ,,

I kept away from Hyderabad being sensitive by temperament and nature I did my kama  matam here .My wife had accompanied me too we stayed and savored the hospitality of Abid Bhai  Painter .

After that I visited Hyderabad shot Ashura in 2009 and than again the last time in 2012 .

Much as I tried to come to Hyderabad it just would not happen I wanted to shoot Chehlum in Hyderabad 2013 could not get a rail ticket till the end I did my Chehlum at home ,, as I do not participate in Mumbai Azadari for personal reasons , this was my first Chehlum in the darkness of my house and my soul.

Ashura 2013 I had to come to Delhi as my American friend cancelled Hyderabad last minute he wanted to be in Delhi so I came to Delhi and documented the same.

And I yearn for Hyderabad I have made some great friends and Qayam son of Akthar Bhai Naqi Bhai Lutfi brothers and Sajjad Bhai Abid Bhai make me feel at home.

I have another friend in Hyderabad Zain Hussain Sab I have never met him but he is cosmically attached to the impoverished poetry of my beggar soul.

And so I am reblogging these Hyderabad Ashura pictures for the Shias of Hyderabad their hospitality the love I can never repay save by this token of Memories of Ghame Hussain.

All this was shot in 2012 at Hussaini Koti Hyderabad. on 8 Moharam..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube