Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Childhood Memory At My Best Friend Vimal Patachariges House Wodehouse Road




This picture was shot by my childhood friend Vimal who lived at Jony Castle , his family were from Sri Lanka and his dad worked at Gazdars Taj Mahal Hotel.

Though Vimals dad used to sit at the Electric House workshop , he was a master craftsman goldsmith .their neighbors were Dr Pavris family , Dr Pavri was a brilliant doctor , peaceful man who was connected Northcote Nursing Home Arthur Bunder .

Vimal and Keith Kanga lived in the same block I was in the first block tenants of Late Nawab Kashmiri.. on the very top floor were the Modis in laws of Dr Pavri.

And this picture was sent to me on Facebook by Rathika Vimals kid sister his other sister was Sunethra close friends of Dr Pavris daughters also in the picture .

I was a very simple studios kid read a lot kept pigeons cats dogs and our house backyard was an animal menagerie .

I had a pet monkey too later after I shifted from Jony Castle to Mohini Mansions Strand Cinema .. for a short while we stayed at Neelam Breach Candy before permanently shifting to Strand Cinema .

But Wodehouse Road was our house of memories far too many memories Keith Vimal died tragically now only Rayomand Framroze and I are are the serving members from that Gang of yesteryears ..our fiefdom was Military Quarters Cuffe Parade and Sasson Docks.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube