Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Two Dreamers Shot By My Wife




My wife hates photography , it has usurped much of her happiness ,the obsessive fanatical nature of this hobby the cost of rolls , slides processing printing , and the cost of lens accessories and the Nikon F100 that I bought those days for Rs 75000 and when the film era died tragically of overdose I sold it to a friend for Rs 4500 with 1.4 prime lens ,,and than wife said like wives normally say had you bought me a gold necklace it would have appreciated in cost more than your camera ,, and we are incorrigible irreplaceable middle class.

And what haunts her most is all those thousands of negatives prints lying under our marital solace of a once bedbug infested bed ,,the bugs did not touch the sepulchral sanctity of my pictorial heritage ,,

And my collection of books that she tells me to sell.. a ad in OLX but no buyers ancient books all classics sourced from the various flea markets of Mumbai.

My wife can shoot pictures , and she uses Nerjis and Marziya as her benchmark instead of me , because she says you shoot the same stupid thing time and again, I dare not say she makes me eat the same stupid thing time and again.

Among the photographers who have visited my house Jean Paul , Marc de Clercq , Reza Masoudi , and so many others , she is at home with Glenn treating him like Asif our son, making his bland breakfast , spice less chicken tikkas and dal and biryani.

The Miya hospitality or should I say Shia hospitality with its ancestral roots from Lucknow is unique and my wife a Qazilbash is part Iranian origin.with her fathers Shajra bloodline still on paper ,,

My Naga Guru when he visits my house touches her feet calling her Devi, and this is the atmosphere that she has breathed into our surroundings ..Fr Jaun comes home too chatting in Marathi with her,,,she mutely nods her head .

The only person who admired her was late Mr Vazifdar head priest of the Tata Agiary , and unfortunately he passed away before he could visit our house,, and so whether any person from any community came home my wife saw that he was fully served .

So a house is what the wife makes it. and I am blogging all this directly at Facebook.. My Facebook Blogs,

So we are waiting for Glenn , we make his black Moharam attire , he refuses to wear a dhoti or the pathani suit ,, and the jacket and the woolen Swiss muffler was my gift to him.

Next year Glenn and I will shoot the Nasik Kumbh ,, — with Glenn Losack.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube