Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What is the Future Of A Muslim Beggar Kid



I shot a picture , I did not squat focus I just shot the expanse and the beggar mother and her child I gave them money but I took several shots , because I saw something very powerful in the kids eyes, and though I ask myself what is the future of the Muslim beggar child ..I am certain this kid will rise one day go places see his body language he is protecting his mother from my camera evil eye ,, the eye that  steals souls ..

This is the eponymous Bandra Bazar Road , it extends beyond till JJ Colony though it touches the Jain Mandir ahead and becomes Jain Mandir Road when it exits out towards Bandra Hill Road , and if you move towards the back of my camera it passes Ram Mandir and the Shia Mehfil and reaches Pahelvi Hotel one arm goes towards the Bandra Bazar Market and one arm touches St Peter Road Waroda Road Chapel Road.. from Pahelvi one bylane goes to Boran Road touches Bandra Hill Road.

From Pahelvi if you take a right you enter De Monte Street a further ahead Chinchpokli Street and touching Jain Mandir Road beyond this Haji Nura Lane Lucky Hotel and out to Bandra SV Road and you cross it you reach Bandra Station , you can take the haunted skywalk too.

Why have I described these lanes , these are the lanes that are the hunting grounds of the various beggars that come to Bandra to beg..

And this area is home to East Indians the original inhabitants now a dwindling number overtaken by the Muslims, Bohras Maharashtrians, Marwaris,  Gujratis and other communities some Sikh some Parsis ..the people are humble generous and kind towards the beggars and that is why beggars come to Bandra Bazar Road , alms are guaranteed.

And today 75,936 peoplehave visited my Flickrblogs till now ,,I am a blogger but I shoot pictures that become photoblogs ,, stories depressing tale of life defeat and fall of a certain segment of humanity .

There are beggars among Hindus too but I have showcased the pain pathos of the Muslim Beggar neglected both by the Muslim community and society at large.

I shoot beggars per se ..but the veiled lady covering her mortal wounds is the subject of my choice ,I can write a poem too but than every pictures does not fit in as poetry though I call this path I have chosen to document as the poetry of Life .

I use Aviary for robbing the details of my original color pictures ,I use harsh contrast I add lots of black for that is the color of their doomed lives .

I dont use selective focusing I shoot wide. will camera clubs ever invite a person like me to talk on Beggar Photography , it would be an insult humiliation of their Fine Art status , camera club denizens only shoot with their camera they shoot what others shot , they shoot what others will shoot .. as a blogger I can smash my camera and still shoot pictures by uploading a black image and fitting texts to match..

This is the lane I walk and its been a few years after I shot this image but I never saw this mother and her child instead a Muslim beggar sits there silently with a skull cap on his head and nicely dressed .he does not talk at all.

So this is the beggar child his eyes inspired me to add text and highlight his future .. wherever he is I pray and wish him well.. he is far braver than me and you .. he protects his mother ... I failed my mother in more ways than one .. but I remember her ,no denying , I was in Muscat I used to send Rs 1000 to my mother every month and Rs 200 to my wife in the early 80s simply because my mother cared for seven of us including my
wife and a kid at that time.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube