Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Blind Beggar Of Mahim Dargah



Many years back before I shot him here at Mahim Dargah lane I had spotted  him in Ajmer Sharif.
And over the years shooting beggars I have come to the conclusion there is one lot of beggars  that follow the Urus circuit , they visit the main dargahs or holy shrines to beg and so they are incessantly on the move .

And the chances are getting good returns instead of hanging around in one street corner.

And if you really seriously think than Beggary is a full time profession too..there are slum women I am told who wear the hijab and go and beg in distant areas as the chances of being recognized is nil.

Some carry their kids too and this is the irony of being a minority not only in numbers  but in economic backwardness and living far the below the poverty line .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube