Saturday, May 31, 2014

I Dont Just Shoot Beggars ..



Earlier I used to go to Alibagh on Holi to shoot the bullock cart races on the beach , and to Murud Janjira to shoot the same on Gudi Padwa. Than came the ban on these races and I stopped going to both the places .

I was told there was one in Murud this year but I did not go , its a long trip , very tiring and if the race is not there you come back empty handed , and will my deteriorating health I avoid such excursions.

But I miss the races the rising adrenalin I am not scared of Death I rush into the path of the racing bulls and take my shots

And every one knows me as the colorful mad photographer from Mumbai.


And it was these races , that taught me timing , I hated panning , and taking risks ..

And for all this I must thank  my gurus Shreekanth Malushte who bought me here the first time and than there was no looking back .Late Prof BW Jatkar who helped me a lot shooting this form of action and the seagulls on the boat that bought us fromGateway of India to Alibagh.
And last but not the least my very humble teacher mentor Mr Anil Bhartiya a great photojournalist and fine art photographer too.

But it was Jayant Dhulap at Alibagh his wife Sharda daughter Abha that extended their hospitality to shoot the races at Alibagh .

And Kiran Batham my friend from Murud .


Shooting the bullock cart races on the beach barefeet is an awesome high.. and I have documented this sport form at my Flickr photostream.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube