Monday, May 26, 2014

Madras Wadi Worli Shooting The Marriammen Feast 2014

Thank You Shanmugham and Sundar


These true friends of mine Shanmugham and Sundar invite me every year to the Madraswadi Marriammen feat I have shot the hook inserting body piercing cheek piercing ritual for over three years now or more.

I shoot this segment barefeet , this year due to poor health I made an early exit and this is the banner at Madraswadi where my picture has been put by them ..Photography By Firoze Shakir .

It is a touching gesture great honot to become one among my Tamil Hindu friend the best of the best.

Madradwadi sadly is a slum that has been totally neglected and it is at Worli Seaface end adjacent to Atria Mall and abuts the  famous iconic Worli Gutter ,,,

This is my new series at Flickr ..I shot the slums the surroundings the community the people their faith their Marriammen Temple .Every child knows me here and kept calling me Phata Poster photographer for the cameo role I did in the film Phata Poster Nikla Hero.

The people of Madraswadi slums are very humble , people with big hearts and highly hospitable , the womenfolk elders inquired about my health Shanmugham offered me apple juice and gave me a very special treatment.

They had a videographer shooting the event but Sundar said it is my photography of their cultural event everyone likes on Flickr .

So this is my humble tribute to thos fabulous friends of mine Shanmugham Sundar and last but not the least the peaceloving people of Madraswadi.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube