Saturday, January 18, 2014

Supernatural Possession At Dargahs


Some dargahs in India are famous for holistic healing of possessed people , people that have lost their mental balance , and shooting this segment is not easy, as a lot of people involved in this are frauds , charlatans deviously trying to make a fast buck and sadly the gullible naive fall prey easily ,,but than the pain of have a mentally unstable sibling partner relative is tough , I have seen and shot a lot ,and it is scary too the method involved , and this subject has fascinated me as a photographer .

I did try to compile all this documentary under a single set at Flickr but gave up, but you can see all this if you Flickr search my photostream with tags such as possession , exorcism, hazri, occult , supernatural..pictures shot at the various dargahs I visited in India.

Some pictures of the Hijra Shamans , The Moosa Suhagins healers , I have removed from the public domain..a lot of possession takes place at the dargahs during Sandal procession involving the Hjras of India..even these pictures I have removed from public domain..

I saw shot a lot of holistic healing during the Maha Kumbh at Allahabad you can only see this as a Flickr member .. I was lucky to shoot the Hijras taking a dip at the Sangam..and so many strange encounters and one of them with a very famous Tantric Kapoor Khamakhya , with whom I am still in touch, he has affiliated to the Khamakhya thought and based at Hardwar.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube