Sunday, January 26, 2014

Reunion At The Taj Of Burlington Memories



Once Upon a Time late 70s we all worked at Burlingtons ,,the six of us , and this was a reunion after almost 30 years or more ..because Zeena our colleague had come to Mumbai from Canada and wanted to meet all of us ..

We are from left Veera Dhaval , Jyoti Gandhi her husband Tanuj worked for Burlingtons too but could not make it, Gulshan Khambatta all of 82 years , Mehroo Holmes who has a florist outlet at the Trident ..Zeena and yours truly dressed decently the beggar poet.

Veera Dhaval picked us all up and we assembled at the Taj lobby , and were to lunch at Shamiana but it was buffet day being Saturday so we went up at the Sea Lounge ,,,and relived old memories , our work days remembering our friends who passed away Jose Urmila .. we remembered our boss Mr Andre Kapur , Mrs Munni Gupta .. her kids Anjali and Vanessa and her husband Paul.. we remembered Gaby and Sunita Kapur .. we remembered our old managers Mr Benjamin Caleb Indira Sikka Mrs Veena Virmani .. we remembered Manju Kapur ,,,and we were flooded with anecdotes of our young days .. in the 70s ..We remembered Subash Shahani Mike Kirpani Anita Dubash..and so many others who had passed this great fashion institution Burlingtons of Taj Mahal ,, we certainly did not forget Fateh Singh and Ratan , legendary super salesman who were my sales guru.. I owe a lot to them.We worked at Taj Treasures .. but I had done a stint at Treasures of India under Lorraine Rhubootm and Gaby Kapur ... than I worked under Mr Benjamin Caleb at Burlingtons Taj..I worked at Sheraton Treasures under Veena Virmani and Mike.

Finally I was transferred to Taj Treasures with Subhash as my manager and left Burlingtons in 1080 for Muscat ,, I had worked year at Burlingtons ,, and my fashion guru those days was Mrs Jennifer Kendall Kapoor wife of Mr Shashi Kapoor ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube