Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Father And My Mother .. The Shakirs Of Colaba



Both my parents ..my father Late Mohomed Shakir and my mother late Shamim Shakir nee Abidi were migrants from Lucknow ,,, they made Mumbai their home destiny and now they are buried side by side at Rehmatabad Shia cemetery at Mazgaon..

My father kept my mother and me at the Kurla slums early 50s I was born in Lucknow came to Mumbai a year old , than my dad shifted us to Khatau Bhuvan Wodehouse Road Colaba 1955 ..from Colaba in 1963 he shifted us for a short while to Neelam Breach Candy and than our final family home 3 Mohini Mansions Strand Cinema ,,
3 sisters 4 brothers ..the long journey of the Shakirs of Colaba ..
After spending half my life at Stand Colaba I moved to Bandra in the 80s ,, I became a Bandra person .. my children all Bandraites ..my grand daughters too born at Bandra and one in SOBO .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube