Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Profile Of A Muslim Beggar


I stopped shooting pictures , I am sedated with the sadness of our times , so many words on Tarun Tejpal , Arushi murder case on Aam Admi Delhi politics and the poor in our midst die unheard..I visit the Shastri Nagar slums of Bandra every day,..the unchanging Muslim world pushed into ghettos , and happy where they are ,..I am assuming they are happy , the owners tenants , the vendors , the butchers and the beggars ..

The poor I am told give generously to the poor ... the Muslim beggars get alms left over food in the slums ,,and the slums are three storey tin sheds with a wooden staircase ..children running haywire , the dinghy dirty filthy bylanes ..neglected by an innermost hate by the cvic authorities for Muslim ghettoes , the sweepers take an extra buck.. and life goes on.. till an epidemic breaks out or a fire breaks out,,,if a fire breaks out the local goons enter to capture plots and get it legalized o the name of their friends relatives .

This is the eponymous Muslim vote bank that keeps the hope of some candidates alive from one election till the next elections..

And it dampens my soul , the misery the pain the pathos..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube