Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Kolis Of Bandra Bazar Fish Market


One of the filthiest Municipal Market badly managed ill organized is The Bandra Bazar Market .. that I chronicle through pictures poems blogs ..the strange thing about Mumbai is that those who should love Mumbai and are its guardians are not Mumbaikars I think.. if they were Mumbaikars lovers of our beloved city , they would move their ass to get things done make Mumbai a loving place .

The Municipality is a monolithic dinosaur like conglomeration that has no feelings for its own people who they killed with their negligence apathy red tape and bureaucratic delay why blame others ..and with no accountability of action.. here it is finding a scapegoat , and getting the blame game on.. I am saddened by the remarks of their lady head , she has no sensitivity to the dead or the living survivors , no healing words or no acknowledgement yes we failed we are sorry this wont happen again simple words but than as wannabe politicians it is not easy to say that only lock up suspend the junior staff that were following orders of their seniors.. the seniors get away with murder.. per se .

Well back to Bandra Bazar , the fish section is run by the predominantly women Kolis family tradition and as inheritance from mother to daughter in law .. some daughters though married in Mahim or Worli still have stalls at the Bazar..
The fisher ladies here are a disciplined lot with a few Gujrati Agris and three East Indian original Kolis .

The Bandra Bazar Kolis are non abusive , dont shout fight grumble like other Municipal fish markets , here it is business with good equation.. I love these ladies that have nurtured both my grand daughters but they dont give me discount ,nor do they give me free fish.. instead I feel they charge me more thinking perhaps I make an extra buck selling pictures .. that is what almost everyone thinks of poor barefeet bloggers like me.. I need a good lens but I am miserably broke but I think God provides me with good pictures is what matters at the end of the day.

I have documented the Bandra Bazar Fish market extensively now I dont shoot and all my recent BW work is done via Aviary tool, it is fast easy as I type with one finger of a permanently damaged hand.. does my typing finger hold this against me ..I dont think so I give it nice rings to wear as reward ..

My first own house in Mumbai with my hard earned money was at Danpada Khar Danda it was blissful it lasted only for a few months the 93 riots destroyed everything ,I lost it all sold it for peanuts lived on rent and it was tough being a Muslim those days although a pucca Indian.. So I know what my family has gone through , and I hate riots state engineered in most cases politically invented to kill Indians we are Muslims Hindus only as head count or or on the death certificate.

Our politicians sadly none love the people or the country if they did despite their party differences they would be working for the country not dividing it as Muslim Hindu, it was done once ..lets not do it again.

Money is the sole criteria of modern politics ..and this country is not capable of giving birth again to Lal Bahadur Shastri or Vallabh Bhai Patel..now every politician has its partys color agenda and bias ..I am not a political blog a street photographer ..unpublished poet ,,and a blogger .. My grand children are bloggers too ..once you post a picture on the net .. after shooting it you are a blogger both grand daughters have twitter handles deactivated Facebook accounts both are on Google and Flickr.com .

My death wont go in vane I gave them the camera the only instrument of universal peace love hope harmony ,,,

Ever since the grand kids began keeping an aquarium at home I dont enjoy eating fish..and I love the Koli community , so I do buy Gol Surmai prawns for those who eat fish at home.. .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube