Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Marziya Shakir And The Bandra Bazar Ganpati 2008


This is the Ganesh Pandal put up by the Jaiswals exotic hybrid salad sellers outside the Bandra Bazar fish market I shot and documented and every year till date I give a small contribution to this Pandal ,, and I have never failed I give them as these guys really put up the entire pandal on their own without hiring anyone .. every nail is put by them , they work nights to get it erected on time .

This pandal was shot by Nerjis my 2 year old grand daughter this year and I think Marziya was a year old when I shot this picture .. her curious eyes her faith in me and she has had the most adventurous childhood,.

Now Marziya is 6 year old so I hardly take her out it is the turn of her sister Nerjis Asif Shakir ,,, who still has not got over Mr Rajesh Khanna .. children are amazing Nerjis met Mr Rajesh Khanna when she was 8 month old and still remembers him by name .

One thing is certain my gran-kids wont ever be bigots I taught them to respect all religion like my parents taught me and despite all their is no dent in my faith or my beliefs.

And mind you blogging is quite different from merely taking a snapshot .. blogging keeps the memory of a picture alive for all time.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube