Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kurla West Bazar Is A Sea Of Burkhas


I come here very often to go to Kurla East Fish Aquarium product whole seller market I cross the No 9 public overhead bridge from the station and reach the east.. I come to Kurla West by ricksha.

And I often wonder why Muslim ladies with children in tow just love to shop and window shop.. the market is horrendous for humongous traffic snarls no traffic cops and Muslim areas are basically untouched by Municipality everywhere in Mumbai go to Null Bazar or Madanpura and you know what I am saying.. I talk through expreience and having seen Mumbai when it was Bombay.. more peaceful more comfortable and everyone was Bambaiya.. Politics changed it all.. we are now more regional than Indian we are now more Hindu Muslim than Indian..

And so I wonder the Muslim man breaking his soul to make ends meet and his wife splurging it on knick knack cheap stuff on the roadside at Kurla West .

From BKC coming to Kurla West station side is coming to a hell hole I think Bandra is million time better inspite of garbage littered all over the bazar and maybe the Bandra slum Muslim woman is much shrewd cleverer than her counterpart at Kurla West.

This was the first time I took shots of Kurla Bazar,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube