Thursday, September 19, 2013

Shooting The Million Moods Of Lalbagh Chya Raja

Thanks to Venus security , there was not much overcrowded moments within the pandal, their lady boss and their boys and girls kept the crowds in good control..I think they did a tremendously good job at the pandal on Visarjan day , the moment Raja moves from the Pandal to the gates outside .. I was lucky enough to trail behind him comfortably , once I reached outside I was swamped mercy of the crowds ..and I salute those brave hearts who wait for hours to get the shot of the Raja at the gates .

But I preferred to shoot the Arti and the Raja , perhaps I was compensating for missing the Press Darshan on the 6 th ,, I reached after the gates had shut... two years in a row. Last year I was caught up shooting Lewis Hamilton at Kurla and reached late for the Press inauguration of Raja.

Anil Kapre their in house photographer helped me get a few good shots and so did Sumit Kale too.. Sumit gave me a buch of coconuts as prasad for my friends , and it was this extra weight in my bag that made me more difficult to move.

While leaving I shot the Raja from the Shiv Sena stand and Shyam Kabre made it possible I still have to upload those pictures .. I have been uploading ths lot till 3am.

Shyam Kabre is a wedding event photographer from Lalbagh and a friend of my friend Datta Sawant now on a holiday in England. Shyam took me to the only restaurant at Lalbagh open on Visarjan day I had a cup of tea , than decided to walk the bridge to Parel but after walking some distance gave up as the gravel was hurting my barefeet .. I walked back to Lalbagh and finally got a cab at Parel junction near the Ganesha workshops ..I got off at Sion took a ricksha to Bandra tired pooped . after buying bloodworms for Marziyas fish tank walked back home.

Nerjis has just got up and watching my Lalbagh visarjan pictures,,,,I bought Lalbagh Chya raja caps for all my 3 grand daughters ,, gift from Sumit Kale and his dad ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube