Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rubina Ali Slum Dog Millionaire Star ..Garib Nagar Fire Bandra East

I hate shooting fires disasters , and even if I shoot it is the following day after the fire or disaster , as I feel and this is my personal view it is more important helping them them than merely shooting pictures ..it is tragic to see people lose everything .

I shot the aftermath of the Behrampada fire , the aftermath of Garib Nagar fire I shot the rebuilding too , the pain the pathos and the poetry of life .

I shot the recent fire at Lal Mitti slums as it was close to my house ..

So I deliberately did not go and shoot the Afzal Mansion collapse at Mahim.. though I visit Mahim regularly and my heart goes out to Mr Rizwan Merchant whom I respect and hold in the highest esteem , he lost his family members .. and it is a irreparable loss of a lifetime.

As a street photographer one has to moderate ones vision before you shoot pictures , I believe my pictures should not hurt people , and distort facts ..here I shot Rubina because despite losing her house she had courage a smile on her face in time of adversity ,, and she was one with the people she lived with.

The Garib Nagar and Behrampada sets are reluctant photo assignments ,,it was sad disheartening shooting all this , but I shoot document hope in the slums ,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube