Sunday, August 11, 2013

On Eid Even Hindu Beggars And Beggars From Other Communities Wear TheBurkha Or Head Scarf And Beg

And as I know most of the beggars in and around Bandra I know them with their timely headscarf , and for me it is not a issue a beggar is a beggar per se , and on Eid  charity is for everyone ,, no discrimination , or bias.

And if a beggar  dresses as a Muslim I see no reason why she should not be given alms..that is why most of the beggars I did not add to my Muslim beggar set .. I am documenting the Muslim beggars of India ..this is one aspect of my photography , highlighting their pain struggle essence of survival.. they have no union , leader or spokesperson , they beg outside mosques shrines imambadas and I have shot them at the various Urus I have shot Muslim beggars at Banganga on Pitru Paksh day too..

And I know a Muslim beggars body language ,, I am surprised when people think we as photographers survive selling pictures of beggars , I have yet to come across someone wanting to buy beggar pictures when you can get them free shooting them on your camera or even your mobile phone.

The only pictures people wanted to buy from me are pictures of the transgender I shot exclusively for myself.. and I refused to sell them , even if I did in the near future I would give the entire money to charity ..specially to children of prostitutes in red light areas .. fatherless children seminal drops of all faith religion..


I dont stalk beggars but I shoot them whenever I have a camera on me ..of late I seldom shoot pictures unless it is an event or religious do.. and I have decided not to shoot much ..once I always carried the camera now not anymore ,,,

And I must confess I did not see Muslim beggars at the Maha Kumbh.. the main sectors of the Maha Kumbh there maybe lot of beggars of all caste creed in Allahabad station area.. I did not have time to discover Allahabad city at all.. I came to shoot the Maha Kumbh and I shot it and left...

And the beggars at Deva Sharif , beggars at Zinda Madar Shah Makanpur , and beggars at Meera Datar Unjha beggars at Vijapur Mehsana...and beggars of Lucknow and Kanpur... and the beggars of Ajmer Sharif during the Urus Of Khwajah Garib Nawaz , beggars at Haji Malang and beggars at both the Mahim dargahs of Makhdhoom Shah Baba And Fakhruddin Shah Baba .

I shall shoot the beggars and I have shot the beggar hijras , beggar bawas beggar sadhus  the large segment of beggars of India but Muslim beggars of India is my personal thesis on the people of my community , totally wretched in their surroundings , neglected and devoid of hope forever ,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube