Monday, July 22, 2013

The Potter Lady Of St Peter Road Bandra


I have been shooting people in and around Bandra , specially Bandra Bazar road a quaint old fishing village an arterial road that connects to all major roads of Bandra .. this is also known as the Bandra Backlanes , and though actually St Peter Road is a lane that connects to Bandra cross road is not part of Bandra Bazar Road.

This Gujrati lady sat outside Baba Nagar selling matkas clay pots vases , but I have not seen her for several years now and there are many people I shot documented who just disappeared from the periphery of my camera vision.. and sometimes I say must ask the few vendors there about her but forget it completely,

Baba Nagar is a old shopping housing complex I have some nostalgic memories here , and whatever I am today Baba Nagar did contribute to my growth .. so most of these people like the coconut seller , the pani puriwala the fruit seller were known to me ,,,

I shot people as I am a people photographer ,and I shot a lot of Bandra Bazar Road , of the early 90s ..there are interesting faces personalities at Bandra Bazar road , humble people all cogs in a giant wheel.

Bandra Bazar Road is a set at Flickr ,.. the fragrance of feasts , the elections hustle bustle that I shot , and honed my inbuilt capacity as a photographer .. energizing my poetry of life .. and those people that touched me through my camera ..

And via Aviary editing tool at Flickr , working on my old pictures I get a new copy , a new story a new added dimension to old thought.

And I am liking New Flickr I have no complains ,,, I am also enjoying new friends on Flickr and though I am out of Facebook since last Jan I dont miss it much.. and I tweet from Flickr ,, 96000 tweets till date ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube