Sunday, July 21, 2013

How Safe Are We As Poor Pilgrims Of India


Outside Ajmer station where I shot this on arrival from Mumbai , drug addicts drunkards were moving freely , waiting for the naive traveler ,, and are we safe ? I dont know , poor people are not even entertained by the cops . driven away mostly so outside is as bad when you enter a crowded train hounded by eunuchs ready to do bodily harm ,rogue TTs or rogue railway cops waiting to fleece the passenger at any given excuse I have seen much during my travels ,, I know the voice of the poor is never heard at all.

At times I too have been a victim because the TT thought I was a beggar , but than on seeing my Press Card moved away..simply because I travel barefeet ..I am not a social activist but a lot has to be done to make train travel safe from rowdies hooligans rogue elements who travel to make a fast buck on these pilgrim routes.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube