Thursday, July 11, 2013

Getting Ready For Iftar Breaking Of Ramzan Fast


In Muslim areas , or predominantly Muslim food lanes there is a mad rush from 4 pm on wards to buy dates , fruits and other hot spicy snacks like chana ragda, samosas cutlets pattice ..so be it JJ Colony Lucky Food lane , Bandra Bazar , or further ahead at the crossroad of Waroda and Chapel road ,Muslims are busy adding flavor to Iftar time.

The other places in Bandra , are Bandra Station Road , Compound , and a few stalls that do brisk business near Bandra Juma Masjid.


Mahim is all time favorite for the folks living in the suburbs.

These are old pictures I am posting to add as visual.. some hot headed Miyas get uptight when you shoot pictures and so I dont think I will be shooting any new stuff in this segment ,, and strangely even in Ramzan a few Muslims love to lose their cool and intimidate others , well it comes with the territory.. I have no issue ..

I dont sell my pictures and my blogs are in no hurry to be part of mainstream Paid Media ..
These are my Ramzan Blogs ..showcasing my culture and its overall peaceful harmonious ethos.

Ramzan luckily is universal though our timings differ by a few minutes , the Bohras began their fast two days earlier .. the Shia keep extra fasts known as Shaban Fasts.

This is the first time I am not fasting because of kidney stones , I have been advised by my doctor to abstain from fasting.. and it hurts me the most.. Being a diabetic I fasted completely all these years .. but now with the stones the pain is all the more unbearable ... and I need to to drink copious water to drain my kidneys.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube