Wednesday, June 26, 2013

About This Mad Man of Bandra- Living On The Edge

I passed him yesterday , he was out there in the rains , under the house on a road where he stays .. I have been shooting him since 2011 .. and every time he is given a new pair of clothes they become like what you see in the picture , he never bathes , never washes himself.. and is dirty filthy,..

I also see him near the Irani restaurant in my area he gets a cup of tea on the road , he is barred from entering within understandably so..

I have never talked to him all these years sometimes I wanted to give him money , but he gives me a stern look and I am sure he would throw the money on my face .

Yesterday I asked the Nagori tea man near the house where he sits about him , he said he knew nothing.. we dont have a social police department that could take him to a home for the destitute .. nobody is interested .. unless he becomes a nuisance or harms somebody till than he is human living on the edge..

He sleeps in a lane close to where he sits , and sleeps like a child under an ice cream cart.. I could do an entire picture story on him , but of late I have stopped shooting him or shooting pictures.
Once I shot the rains now no more I wont ever take my grand kids to shoot the waves at Worli or Chowpatty , that is not the genre of our photography.

Marziya I dont take to shoot pictures anymore , she is busy with her studies .. and the camera is not an important element at this stage.

Nerjis 23 month likes the camera , can handle it but I have not taken her out in the rains with the camera.

She comes out with me in the mornings , to buy kotmir and sprouts for the birds , she loves sprouts herself.

She knows the names of all the fishes at our house aquarium..denisoni, molly, clown loach, suckers , black ghost, guppy..and a single albino frog her favorite.

So primarily because I am not shooting the rains , not shooting pictures or events , I am now tweaking my older stuff through Aviary, and re positioning them , as blogs adding a poem, words come easily , pictures invoke words ...and I have shot so much that if I work on the few older ones they become as fresh and new.

Sometimes I wish we could post more pictures on a single page at Flickr like Blogspot to add a series on one page .. but now the New Flickr is fine with me ..I have got used to it.. I am not grumbling or complaining ..I wont go to Ipernity I was there once they dont take kindly to colored people .. and I found some French can be xenophobic at the point of being racists.
I dont like 500x I am crossblogging to Tumblr .. who knows Flickr might get merged into Tumblr than I am making it easier for myself.. and I type with one finger I am not complaining about that too.

Friends want me to come back to Facebook but I am holding back its been 6 months now since I moved out from that mad house.

I am on Twitter ...but not addicted to it..

Flickr is my homepage .. the beginning of my end ..

There is a lot to shoot in Mumbai.. besides the usual shit people shoot ..

A lot of architectural students are shooting Bandra Bazar Road .. and that is nice rural Bandra .

I hardly use my Canon EOS 7D ...

I am doing a cameo in a Bollywood film I went to dub for it recently.. they told me not to post the pictures till the film is released all in all I am a lousy actor ,..I would rather shoot pictures than put paint on my face .. no regrets .. I need money but not as a actor or as a photographer .

I do freelance and enjoying my 60 years as a grand father .. I miss my Malang brothers .. but now because of the Marziyas fishes and birds I take care of I dont think I could leave Mumbai.

One thing is final wont ever be shooting Moharam in Mumbai .. will go to Hyderabad will Glenn .. for Ashura and Chehlum in some other city.

Shooting pictures does not add or subtract to my Shiasm..I am a recluse I stay away from people and congregational religion..

And I am actually blogging after a very long time .. there is a difference between shooting pictures and photo blogging.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube