Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shooting Him Was Shooting God And Godliness


I shot him about three years back .. three frames as my feet were burning , I shoot barefeet , than the next few trips I never found him , this was yet another accidental mystical meeting,,, shooting beggars in Ajmer is very tough , the moving crowds both ways dont allow you to sit squat and shoot, they are in a massive hurry and this is the main Dargah road , so I shoot without manipulation or mind I simply shoot as many frames but all single frames ..

I paid him too generously , but will that change his life, those that give him a few coins too wont change his life.. those who get richer at Ajmer wont give him prosthetic arms ..I dont know his name , where he comes from , I shoot beggars mostly Muslim beggars ..

And his innocence hits me hard , he is not coarse rough , he comes from good poor parentage , and he keeps them happy earning for their livelihood.

I could pen a poem ..add to the creativity of my thought , but it would still be redundant.. you can fill his beggar bowl it will still be empty like his handless life..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube