Saturday, April 6, 2013

Late Shaikh Abdul Rehman of Sweet Fish Aquarium Bandra


When I settled in Bandra , 1986 I used to buy fishes , bloodworms from late Shaikh Abdul Rehman saab, and his sons who sat his shop located at Bandra SV Road opp Saga showroom..

He was a genuine lover of humanity, never conned or cheated the youngsters that bought pets from him , mostly birds and fishes at Sweet Fish Aquarium.

Than I gave up keeping fish and aquariums ,and now in 2013, I am back to keeping fishes and finches for my grand children Marziya Shakir, Nerjis Asif Shakir and Zinnia Fatima.

Marziyas Java finches bought from Chand a friend laid eggs and gave babies two of them.. so Marziya is proud and feeds both the fishes and the birds.

Third generation Shakirs are now connected with Shaikh Saabs sons Naim Nadim and this picture of late Shaikh Saab was shot during the Bandra Station Eid Namaz and becomes a part of my tribute to him , and him humility and humanity , his heritage carried forward by his sons.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube