Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Malang

269,069 items / 2,135,265 views

He is a fakir, a spiritual mendicant sits in a hollow of a mountain on the way to Haji Malang Shrine , I know him since the first time I climbed this mountain that was almost 10 to 12 years back.

You cant miss him , he sits without uttering a word , in silence he begs , he does not demand .. he merges with the stark backdrop of his harsh surroundings.

Once in a while he comes down from the Mountains of Malangad to attend the Makdhoom Shah Baba Urus Mahim.

I have not seen him at Ajmer but I am sure what he saves by begging serves him to visit such places of Sufi importance.

When I met him this time I told him I had become a Dam Madar Malang and he felt pleased , and I shot his pictures .

Haji Malang is a peaceful place , a place to reconstruct thoughts hope and emotions.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube