Monday, March 18, 2013

Kashmiri Bawa Rafaee

269,232 items / 2,137,993 views

The problems in the Valley , disillusionment created means to escape and so the individual joined the Rafaees .

Kashmiri Bawa has been with the Chancawalli Rafaees since the beginning, a quiet silent man , and I have cursed myself for not talking to them and being curious as to why they became ascetics.I dont get personal, dont ask questions ..I shoot pictures sometimes it makes them happy it makes me happy too.

And this aloofness has made me friends with the Rafaee and I write positively , though I hate writing but at times it is necessary .. the rafaee is a Sufi body piercing group.

They move from Urus to Urus known as the Dargah circuit and perform their rituals which gets them alms.

They are very different from the Malangs.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube