Monday, January 14, 2013

Documenting The Dead At The British Residency Lucknow

260,364 items / 2,101,778 views

This is the last segment of my Lucknow Chehlum trip 2013 ..I took out time to shoot a few monuments but I shot the British Residency extensively.. almost 3 cards of 8GB..

And the cycle rickshah guy who bought me from Nakhas to British Residency charged me less on reaching here I gave him extra sum similarly to another ricksha guy for my return journey.

Basically the British Residency is a couples haunt . mostly lovers trying to add spice to their love life in conservative Lucknow

The British Residency makes me sad and demoralizes my poetic soul , and the seminal stains on the graves by lovers left behind as memories of lost time and few seconds of passionate lovemaking..

At first I was in no mood to visit any of these places and I regret I did not visit my grand father Daroga Nabban Saabs unmarked grave at Gufra Mab Imambada..

My grand mother Nazmi Begums grave unmarked at Malika Jahan..

Nor did I go into the weepy tear stained lanes of Patal Nala Imli Wali gully where both of them lived the ancestral last remnant sold off by my maternal uncle.

I also missed meeting Mr PC Little ,..he died recently leaving behind a vortex of pain.. or the first thing I did was visit him at his bunglow at Ali Gunj.. May His Soul rest In Peace ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube