Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Head Was Bleeding.. While My Soul Was Speeding..Moharam in Hyderabad 2012

253,452 items / 2,078,510 views

And I now begin at the very beginning of my journey after 3 years to shoot Moharam in Hyderabad not my original destination at all as I was booked on the Dehradun Express and was to leave at midnight to shoot Moharam in Delhi ,but the waiting list stopped and there was no seat for me.. I have a injury on my leg so I left the following morning to Hyderabad a city I love because of my Shia friends .. most of them at Choti Bargah Chatta Bazar.

When I reached Hyderabad , Choti Bargah Naqi Bhai the brother in law of Akthar Sab of Chotii Bargah gave me a roof over my head a place close to the bargah at Daru Shifa Purani Haveli X lane .. this place belongs to a devout Shia holistic healer Abid bhai , his sons Akthat AMC and Hussain took care of me.

I was lucky that Qaim took care of me , taking me to Hari Prasad Camera Market at Koti to buy extra memory cards , I blew up all my money buying cards.

Food was Niyaze Hussain and black tea from the house of good friend Mohsin Bhai.

The person who made my photography easy was Mir Ejaz .. he took me to the various majlis , and even shot my kama matam at Bargh..

He is a very humble photographer and filled my bag with fruits dates snacks for my return journey to Mumbai he took me to Afzalgunj Nampally because of the diversion of traffic..due to Guru Nanak Jayanti that because I had 15 minutes to spare I shot..

So all in all I shot a lot .. and I begin my Moharam journey of Hyderabad 2012 with this last image .. I shot in the bus ,my bleeding would not stop as I am a diabetic but luckily it was not to messy and I missed my wife , who is in Karbala who would clean my Kama wounds along with Marziya Shakir my 5 year old grand daughter ..who is in Lucknow.

Abid Painter who sits on the elephant of Bibi Ka Alam was very hospitable I shot the Ashukana Zehra where he is the caretaker , Abid and Almdar Lutfi, Hussain Dashti Sadiq Dashti Abbas Dashti all my Irani friends of Darbare Hussaini..Kazim Sajjad bhai and the Nawabs of Hussaini Koti specially Mustapha Sab and Ghazanfar and at the last end of my journey met Yasser and Zohair and their father who took me home and I had the best Paya in my life ..

My thanks to all of them , without their help I could not have documented Moharam.. in Hyderabad 2012.

Akthar Bhai his brothers of Choti Bargah and the Alamdars of Badi Bargah .. made this possible.
And last but not the least Inayat Sab Bilgrami eminent scholar writer poet painter historian and Ustad Raza Ali Khan his wife son.. who gave me hope of a new dawn.. as poetry of Life.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube