Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guru Nanak Gurpurab Afzalgunj Hyderabad 2012

Guru Nanak Gurpurab also known as Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Prakash Utsav, marks the birth anniversary of the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak. This is one of the most sacred festivals in Sikhism.[1] Apart from Sikhs, the Nanakpanthi Hindus and other followers of Guru Nanak's philosophy also celebrate this festival.

I could not shoot more of this as a Sikh gentleman saw my head bleeding I had cut my head for Ashura a day before so he requested me to leave I was shooting this barefeet .. I did in humility and gratitude..

Also I had a bus to catch for Mumbai, because of this procession the buses had changed route and were leaving from Nampally , but that too was changed I finally caught the bus from the highway .. waiting 3 hours for the same.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube