Wednesday, September 26, 2012

There Is Always Light At The End of The Tunnel

Please note I was having problems with my camera and my telly lens , I shot with a 50 mm lens and some of my pictures got over exposed but the issue was not my photography I had one goal to shoot a journey and the collective emotions of the GSB community I respect and as a photo journalist blogger I would rather document this important chapter of faith in my city that touches all of us..

I dont sell my pictures , I refuse to be a coffeetable photographer I dont exhibit my art in this city I am showcasing my vision as a man pf peace all over the Internet ..

My parents made me a citizen of the world much before the internet came in my life ..my parents Shias from Lucknow taught me that respecting another mans faith made us human.. and I follow their tenets my grand children are following the same path without narrowness of vision or belief. as photographers too.

And as a street photographer this was the best way of coming to terms with the frailty of my camera and my lens ..last night I shot the 7 day Immersion at Juhu beach, but it was disappointing for me as a diabetic and a barefeet photographer I carried both my cameras shot with the Canon EOS 7 D.. I did not realize that Hindus dont immerse their Gods on Saturday and Tuesdays so all the big Ganpatis were to arrive after midnight and I had arrived at Juhu beach at 6 .30 pm .. however I shot till 10 pm.and was absolutely tired ..I dont think I had the strength to wait till midnight I rushed home just in time to shoot the Jolly Boy Reclamation Ganesha it was heading fo visarjan to Dadar .. I have shot this below my house every year ..

I shot my good friend mentor Mr Yusuf Lakdawala at Advocate Ashish Shelars Ganpati .. I have not downloaded the Immersion pictures , the Jolly Boys wanted me to come for Immersion to Dadar I declined I am trying to keep myself intact for shooting the Visarjan journey of Lalbagh Chya Raja..

But I shall take a break from the GSB Ganesha journey and post last nights pictures ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube