Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Chancawalli Rafaees

The bawa on the extreme left Handi Sai ded mysteriously ,at Kota they say, he was a heavy smoker opium user , and the bawa in the center Amanat Ali of Chancawalli rafees .. I shot this group consistently for many years , I was excommunicated from this group fr one year before I shot this picture by a Peerr Sikandar Wali Bawa , he died I Handi Sai called me back to the fold to shoot them.

But I was not inclined to become a Rafaee and I had a great equation with late Handi Sai..

Now this group after Handi Sais death has split up into many smaller groups I meet them at Ajmer during the Urus of Khwajah Gharib Nawaz.

They will be found at Makdhoom Shah Baba at Mahim during the Holy saints Urus in Mumbai..from this place they move to Fakhruddin Shah Babas Urus that this picture belongs too...all part of a parent set called Sufism, Rafaees Malangs Dargahs at Flickr.com my photo stream.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube