Monday, July 16, 2012

Only Blood and Faith Moharam

This is my new series at flickr, these are pictures I have taken since I hitched a ride on the bandwagon of photography.These are harsh mellowed images , these are pictures pertaining to the Shia Faith to which I was born.
This self infliction is how the Shia mourn and commemorate the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain beloved grandson of the Holy Prophet , who was brutally killed, his male family members slaughtered save one surviving sickly son Zainul Abedin.This was Islam of the Ummayad Calipate , the beginning of Terrorism aptly called Yazidiyat.
I shoot various other stuff that is guided by by inspirational poetry of my pictorial imagination.I want what I post at Flickr to be textless, perhaps the same picture has abundance of text that I posted at Word Press or at Bloggerspot.

wwww.photographerno1.com
I came here as my son Asif Shakir is trying to upgrade my 20 month site a Coppermine photo gallery into a blog identifiable site...
This was the only site I did not delete on the night I was terrorised by hardliners..
The stats for my homesite :

8126 files in 57 albums and 1 categories with 0 comments viewed 494452 times.

If my pictures hurt your sensibilities I apologize, you are only a skip away, I dont shoot macro, landscape, nudes, this is my genre , of pain, endurance of pain, pain the underbelly of mans religious quest.
I shoot the Sufis or Rafaees, body piercers.
I shot the Kumbh Mela all pictures on my site at Bloggerspot .You can see my blogroll on my flickr profile.
firozekumbhmela.blogspot.com

If anyone of you needs advise on anything pertaining to photography in India send me an email no strings attached.I will go out of my way to help you as far as humanly possible ,bcause photographers are a rare ethnicity too.
We as photographers are the custodians of the records of our changing world and times.We are a breed apart.
I bring it all in one word Photo blogging.
Your comments nourish the photographer, be sensitive about his work even if you dont like it, dont be arrogant, dont mock, be a bit human , be divine...
Maybe what he exposes is not part of your upbringing or religiosity..this is strictly photojournalism , read it as such, dont add your philosophy to my pictures.It does not change the nature of a 1400 years pain..or my faith or belief.
Dont prosylitize or evangelise , what is satanism for you is religious belief to the other person.Today Satan too mutually exists with God.
God, in his name we have killed more people than in the name of Satan.
wish you well
firoze shakir
photographerno1.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube