Monday, July 16, 2012

Goodbye Lord GSB Ganesha King Circle 2011

201,804 items / 1,652,708 views

Somethings you learn from your parents somethings you inherit as your ancestral heritage, this little child is the youngest devotee of GSB Seva Mandals Lord Ganesha , she came while the puja was going on for bidding the Lord farewell, she paid obeisance to the Lord touching her head to the hallowed floor, I shot her with my telly lens , blessed is the mother who gave her birth , she presented her heritage to me as a photographer as father of a girl child and a grandfather of two little girls.

This is my story and today I shot the pictures for every little girl residing in all of you mothers sisters away from Mumbai and members of the Gaud Saraswat Brahmin community... ,

I shot these pictures for another girl a daughter who has given birth to a son who could not visit Mumbai , and through my pictures took darshan of the Lord GSB and her father Dinesh Pai my very dear friend and host who invites me along with Dr Bhujang Pai to GSB Seva Mandal King Circle..

I normally shoot the visarjan from the stage till the Pandal gates and than make a hasty exit, I have wanted to follow Lord GSB but it was never possible for one reason or another , but this time I made an effort for Anita Pai Kamath , my daughter too and pushed my limit, at Parsi Gymkhana I fell down , than I decided to abort the shoot and proceed homewards..

I am a diabetic and just getting used to my medicine intake again that I had completely stopped during my Ramzan fast of one month ...


I met Mr Dinesh Pai at Dadar and told him these pictures were dedicated to his daughter he had tears he hid face away from me ..I am a father too and my eyes are moist as I write this I guess II am more poet than photographer we shoot pictures from within and the camera has nothing to do with our human emotions..

Sunil Shenoy Mr Satish Kamath Raghu the photographer and all the volunteers helped me along the way I am indebted to them ..

This is my new set at Flickr.com

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube