Thursday, May 3, 2012

the state of my mind as it creates poetry through pictures

Most of my pictures are accidents on the roads , I shoot from a moving cab , sometimes I am faster than my camera but sometimes poetry overtakes my pictures ..I see pictures as figments of my fecund mind they come out and encapsulate the poetry in my soul..

I create beauty out of wastelands , my photography is not to show you the dark side of the moon it is to enlighten you .. man you were born lucky than some of those whom I shoot , but they are lucky too.. they cant see your world but they are happy in their misery , strange they grumble but don't complain..

My pictures were waiting out there to be shot and God hurriedly creates situations that I have to pass the way where my picture waits for me..I give directions to the cab driver and sometimes to save me from traffic snarls he takes a detour ..I look at him in surprise and he says Sir we will reach faster and a few paces away I get out of the cab I am shooting a street stage being set up for Maharshtra Day at Dadar Phool Gully.

I saw my friend Danny Burks sunset pictures and I poetically envy him , his pastoral surroundings his joie de vivre , the countryside , but than I remember that I am a city worm I need filth , I need morbidity to live survive ..for that is continuously flowing like gutter water around me..

And I call myself a beggar poet because I have begged I have lived with beggars ,, but the beggars only know one side of Jekyll me ..they know I am a Malang ..

They dont know that I live among the rich, I cater to the rich, I see the rich blowing up millions to keep his body well dressed .. and they the poor I shoot walk in bare threads.

I will soon go get myself detoxified one I reach Ajmer for the Urus , I will move with the Malangs barefeet , live with them, and become one with them..

The hijras will be waiting for me I rekindle their passion for self esteem through my pictures.and I am waiting for those 5 days away from the high fashion sartorial nature of my haute couture work.

I will of course miss my grand children , first I had one who pulled me back home in case I overstayed now there are two more and one a Malang like me Nerjis Asif Shakir.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube