Monday, May 14, 2012

I take you back to the beach for the cheek piercings..

This is the last part pf the Marriamman feast I held back to show you all the proceedings at the Marriamman Temple Nehru Nagar Juhu ..after the animal sacrifice in the morning gets over late in the afternoon the piercings begin at the close by Juhu Beach .

The piercers walk in a huge procession from the beach back to the temple this perhaps takes about 4 hours as it is slow paced , men pulling cars rickshas with hooks in the back.. I have shot so much of this in the past I gave it a skip , barefeet I headed to the Temple to shoot the removal of the hooks and the rods.

So this is the genre of my street photography, I shoot it with a demonic passion I am a diabetic I dont drink water or eat in between I just shoot , I am exhausted tired but I do it without complaining.

I dont do this for money , this is not my religion but yes it is a vital part of the ethos of my country and culture.

I shot this on 9 May it has taken me almost 5 days to upload post it at Flickr.. bits on Google+ Twitter and Pinterest..

I Pimp my blogs as a barefeet blogger , beggar poet ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube