Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shooting The Stations of the Cross Barefeet..Happy Easter to All of You In My Backyard



Most of the events with religious overtones I shoot barefeet , I hardly wore shoes and I have shot most of Moharam rituals barefeet, I go to Ajmer to shoot the Urus barefeet, I climb mountains to shoot Taragadh or Haji Malang barefeet, physicality of pain experienced thus becomes a litmus test to me as a Sufi Malang and a Shi Hindu..

I shoot all the Hindu rituals in my city be it Lalbagh Chya Raja Immersion procession or Durga Immersion , Marriamen feast , all shot barefeet,.. including the body piercing acts of Rafaees a Sufi fakir sect..


It is painful specially now as the heat and the tar roads , burn the feet completely, and while shooting the 14 Stations of the Cross my Christians friends supported me the most allowing me to sit in the truck, thereby reducing the walking time from one station to the next, but the initial stations I walked and I shot barefeet... sometimes I placed my stole on the floor as it was totally unbearable but shoot I did over 1500 images perhaps more.

And I got this message from Joe Dias founder of the Lenten Walk , and his team celebrates 25 glorious years with their good work..


And I wish all of you a very Happy Easter though I continue with my Staions of the Cross photo documentary.. even on Easter..


Dear Firoze,

We just want to place on record, our deep appreciation for all that you do for humankind.

We are with you in spirit and in truth.

Blessings & Respect,

Your brother in Christ,

Joe Dias

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube